The Library offers a Community Meeting Room to local, non-profit institutions for a refundable deposit of $100. The Meeting Room is equipped with an audio system with wireless microphone, 36” flat screen TV, DVD player, Video player, CD player, Cassette Deck, and ceiling mounted video projector with screen. Use of the Community Meeting Room must be scheduled in advance and is subject to approval by the Library Director. For more information please see below. To book the Community Meeting Room please download the MEETING ROOM APPLICATION and return it to the Library. To see a complete copy of the policy governing the use of the space, please contact the Reference Department at 973-226-5441. The following does not represent the Community Meeting Room policy in its entirety.
The Community Meeting Room cannot be booked for the following types of programs:
- Meetings for the commercial benefit of private individuals or organizations are expressly prohibited.
- Religious worship services are not permitted in the Meeting Room or any location in the West Caldwell Public Library.
- Social gatherings including but not limited to birthday parties, receptions, and weddings are also expressly prohibited.
Events held in the Community Meeting Room must adhere to the following provisions:
- All programs presented in the Meeting Room are free of charge to participants and open to the public.Attendance at programs in the Meeting Room will be restricted to 80, the maximum number of persons permitted in this room.
- Programs must have present at least one adult who is 21 years of age or older.
- Each organization shall be responsible for observance of all applicable rules and regulations of the West Caldwell Public Library, the Township of West Caldwell and all governmental agencies.
- Neither the name nor address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
- Smoking, illegal activities, and use of alcoholic beverages are expressly prohibited.